GVI’s programs focus mainly on data collection of target species specifically found within the Karongwe Private Game Reserve, close to our Bushwise Mahlahla campus. The research done on these programs are conducted using radio telemetry techniques, camera traps and visual collection. If you choose a GVI wildlife internship, you’ll receive a three month work placement after successfully completing the program.
GVI’s conservation programs enable you to play an active and meaningful role in the conservation of South Africa’s natural resources. You can contribute to big cat conservation, elephant research, cheetah conservation, and scientific programs. With sustainability at the heart of GVI’s conservation programs, your hand in these conservation efforts will add to the benefit of many generations of species to come.
GVI Wildlife Internships and Expeditions:
- Wildlife research
- Wildlife conservation internship
- Big cat conservation research
- Big cat research short term internship
- Cheetah conservation project
- Wildlife conservation short term internship
- Elephant research
- Hyena conservation and research
- Wildlife conservation teen volunteer program
- Bird research and conservation
- Camera trapping and data collection
- Childhood development and wildlife conservation
- Rhino poaching awareness
You don’t need any qualifications to join GVI’s conservation programs. All necessary training will be provided on-the-ground by trained staff members. Trainers will also supervise participants in the field and offer support where needed. All you need is a passion to make an impact and a wild heart to experience one of the most fulfilling programs in South Africa.
For more information, go to GVI Limpopo and explore the incredible opportunities available.